TackTracker Release Notes for Mac OS
Update 5.07.1 - 25 May 2013
- Update the Library when a new Month entry is required after adding a new race.
- Allow thumbnail and regatta images to be uploaded in the Regatta Publisher.
Release 5.07.0 - 5 May 2013
Incorporates the new TackTracker Logo graphics for a fresh, lively look.
- Introduce "Live Start Tools" for users managing a live regatta.
Allows you to instantly set the start or postpone the race and re-publish with just one click.
Live Start tools require a Club Regatta license and must be enabled in the Settings dialog.
- Fix to allow adding and laying a landmark whilst a race is loaded
Update 5.06.1 - 27 April 2013
- Fix "Auto" mode breaking live replay
- Show speed x1 when in live mode and revert speed when switching back to replay mode.
Release 5.06.0 - 23 April 2013
A major release, with many enhancements to the race editor and live replay.
Race Editor Enhancements
- A new "multi-purpose race" event type has been added for non-sailing events.
- Courses Tab layout has been simplified, integrating sample courses drop-down into a single course entry control.
- TackTracker remembers your 10 previous courses - so you don't need to type them each time!
- A new Publish button on the Race Editor panel lets you make changes and immediately re-publish them with just one click.
- A mark end from a gate mark now may be re-used on its own elsewhere in the course.
Live Tracking Enhancements
- The displayed race is automatically updated when a course or start time change is made to the published race definition.
- A new "CourseMark" craft type for live tracking is automatically displayed as a mark even when not present in the course definition.
- The displayed elapsed time when in live tracking mode now reliably shows the live time regardless of which track is currently selected.
General Enhancements and Fixes
- All binaries are now code-signed with a Mac Developer certificate - which should resolve installation problems in MacOS 10.8.
- When playing the end of the race, the current boat no longer swaps between boats as they finish
- Laying a gate mark now works as expected
- Mark circle diameter is 500 feet when selected units are feet.
- Marker craft type is drawn slightly smaller
- Added a new "Current Placings" report
- Fix the handicap times gained and lost report
Release 5.05.0 - 6 April 2013
TackTracker is now associated with TTZ files so you can simply double click on a TTZ file to open the file in TackTracker.
TTZ files provide a convenient ways to save an entire race into a single file. Create them from the right click menu in the Library.
Update 5.04.4 - 15 March 2013
- Save race correctly when loading a TTZ file through the Track Loader
- Update the Track Library after loading a TTZ file
In this update, the Library menu option to "Get Tracks matching Race" has been enhanced to ask whether you wish to replace all
existing tracks with the tracks downloaded from the cloud, or whether you just wish to add new tracks.
Update 5.04.3 - 5 March 2013
- Fix reporting of incomplete races
- Allow the Race Editor's time-splitter control to define a race that spans two days
- Sign code with Mac Developer certificate to prevent installation problems on Mountain Lion.
- Don't include Spectator craft in reports
- Move competitors who do not participate or finish to last place
- Ensure leaderboard remains correct after finish
- Support CSV files (competitor schedule) using non-comma separators, such as semi-colon, colon or dash
- Display wind strength when known
- Wind direction fix: import all tracks to get averaged wind proir to analysing tracks.
Update 5.04.2 - 11 February 2013
- Re-build all libraries to support both 32 and 64 bit Mac computers
- Fix migration of BSF handicap data from earlier versions of TackTracker
Release 5.04.0 - 3 February 2013
- Moved the Track Tools from the Tracks tab to a separate dialog accessed by a button at the bottom of the Race Editor
- Added a Track Tool to strip POI marks from a track or all tracks in the race
- Added Race Metadata to the Options tab: Yacht Class, Wind Speed, Handicap Mode and Course Type.
All reports now display race metadata including race name and number, yacht class and wind speed.
We've also added a bunch of new race reports to help you get more out of your TackTracker data:
- Positions Gained and Lost
- Leg Times Gained and Lost
- Handicap Positions Gained and Lost
- Handicap Leg Times Gained and Lost
See Race Reports for details.
Club Regatta License Enhancements
Added support for two new handicap modes: Performance Line and Triple Number. TackTracker now supports all four ORC simple scoring systems:
- Time on Time (or TCC)
- Time on Distance (or BSF)
- Performance Line
- Triple Number
- Added a Course Type setting (Inshore or Offshore). TackTracker can store different handicap data for each boat depending on course type.
- Download and Import handicap data directly from the ORC database
- Use a single consolidated wind estimate for all boats to give a consistent sail orientation across all boats.
- Remove 20 track point filter in the Track Loader, which could lead to it not showing a downloaded track.
- Get Tracks from cloud now splits tracks if needed.
Release 5.03.0 - 16 January 2013
A major release - TackTracker 5.3 brings you many refinements to the Race Editor and Landmarks.
Mapping and Landmarks Enhancements
The Settings "Fixed Marks and Landmarks" tab has been renamed to "Landmarks" and the
dialog has been redesigned to make it much easier to add and edit your landmarks.
A new location search feature lets you search for a place name anywhere in the world to locate your race or landmark and TackTracker will show the place on the map.
And you can now add a Landmark and lay it on the map with your mouse.
When you select each landmark (and a race is not currently loaded) you will see the landmark shown on the map
TackTracker now offers a satellite map view - though please note that the service does not at this time offer high resolution satellite images outside of the US.
General Usability Fixes
- A redesigned license install process can now install licenses directly from an Access Code without the need to manually install a license file.
- The New Races dialog now shows the selected landmark on the map
- Changing the boundary times on the TimeSplitter is now easier - as you don't need to move the markers out of the way first.
The Cloud Get dialog has been re-designed to make it much simpler to find your tracks on the TackTracker Cloud.
You can now make queries like "get all my tracks recorded in past 6 hours" and if getting your own tracks, it is no longer necessary to specify a location.
We've added a new "Tacks Summary" report, which provides all the information available in the Tacks Table.
Update 5.02.1 - 5 December 2012
For Club Tools License holders, we add support for Time on Distance handicapping. The BSF rating is the number of seconds expected to take to travel 1 Nautical Mile. The adjusted time is calculated as:
AdjustedTime = Actual Time - BSF x Distance
The handicapping system is selected in Settings, under a new tab: "Club Tools".
Release 5.02.0 - 26 November 2012
Supports viewing live trackers on the trackers page
Update 5.01.4 - 5 October 2012
- Reinstate TrackLoader button for RaceEditor license holders
- Fix Library issue with Japanese month names
Update 5.01.3 - 3 October 2012
- Add a new TrackLoader license tier to expose Track Loader but not Race Editor features
Release 5.01.1 - 28 September 2012
This release refines TackTracker's live replay capabilities as a result of extensive field trials:
- Real-time distance to finish and distance to first stats - in the Select tab
- Select tab has been redesigned to look better and make better use of space
- During live play, the timeline becomes a "distance line" showing the progress to-date through the course.
- User clicks "Go Live" to enter live play mode, or pauses play to return to normal replay mode.
- Reports have been updated to give accurate progress scores during the race.
- Add Spectator craft type - has no trail.
- Improve mark visibility by drawing a circular outline around the mark.
- Legs and Tacks tables show distances in selected length units (m or ft).
- Prevent FinishBoat/Pin location affecting default zoom when Finish Through Start Line is checked
Update 5.00.9 - 19 August 2012
- Fix loss of mark drag positions when configuring course and marks in the Create Races dialog.
Update 5.00.7 - 12 August 2012
- Tune live replay behavior after live trial in Denmark
- Fix Trial license validation
Release 5.0.5 - 5 August 2012:
This is the TackTracker cloud release. Play and publish races to your personal home page on the cloud. You can also use the cloud to share tracks with others.
TackTracker can now play live races and replay the action as it is happening. And there are many more minor features and bug fixes.
The Race Reports feature has been ported to the Mac OS version - and is now available through the new RaceReports license.
Update 4.15.2 - 10 June 2012:
- Fix finish line detection when log interval is very large
- Record finish for boats even if finish line is missed
- Add Track smoothing tool to Track Loader tools
- Prevent unselected boat shadow from overlaying selected boats
Update 4.15.1 - 27 May 2012:
- Important fix for the race editor to correctly save and restore race span information.
- Fix race-editor timeline to correctly show the full span of the race.
It's time for a new release after a long series of incremental updates.
The major enhancement is a new tools menu in the track loader to help
with housekeeping tasks such as deleting old tracks.
There are also some hints towards the big changes
that are on their way with the TackTracker cloud.
Track Loader Enhancements:
- New tools menu (Delete and Join buttons moved into the Tools menu)
- Hide "n tracks saved" message after changing selection
- Filter by date unchecked by default - so its obvious that tracks are present
- Update date on selection change
- Don't show overlapping boats and text when start and finish boats coincide
- Automatically thin very large races when publishing to the TackTracker site
Update 4.14.10 - 5 April 2012:
- Display shadow boats for those boats not selected. This is helpful to illustrate where the bulk of the fleet is positioned without obscuring the selected boats.
- Two new display modes, available from the Settings dialog:
Allow anonymous course marks to be specified, where the name is hidden. Mark names beginning with an underscore are not displayed.
Fix display of Nav Rally courses
- Jury Mode: shows each timestamped GPS point rather than an interpolated track. For use in race jury meetings, where only the raw data should be used as evidence.
- Show Course mode: draws a line between each mark - useful for illustrating the course - especially for long or offshore courses.
Update 4.14.9 - 26 March 2012:
- An additional Race Editor fix.
Update 4.14.8 - 25 March 2012:
- Fix crashes in race editor when trying to add new races.
- Boats not selected in the Select Panel now remain on the track plot, in a greyed outline
Update 4.14.7 - 24 March 2012:
- Fix online maps. (The provider had changed the tile images from png to jpg).
- Add support for Apple Magic Mouse. You can now also pan the image with a two finger gesture on the trackpad.
Update 4.14.6 - 20 February 2012:
- Remember Track Loader "Auto-Save on Load" setting during session
- Improve accuracy of saved id character counter
Update 4.14.5 - 19 January 2012:
- Allow joining and viewing of tracks split at midnight
- Allow races to be defined that span multiple days
Update 4.14.3 - 5 January 2012:
- Fix crash in Join Tracks #2
Update 4.14.2 - 4 January 2012:
- Trim tracks saved when creating new races
- Use a dark color for the mark lay cursors so they are easier to see
The new synchronise feature lets you easily compare the relative performance of each boat for any leg of the race.
- Edit Track will now rename the track when the name is changed - previously a duplicate would be created
- Move the timer display adjacent to the Timeline as with the PC version
- Fix an intermittent crash in the race editor/track loader when loading a new race
Usability refinements and fixes:
- Save selected tracks to new race when creating a new race
- Improve Track Loader startup time
- Recognise the CR-Q1100P name character limit
- Fix reset sequence when resetting multiple trackers
Update 4.12.5 - 3 December 2011: Further QStarz GPS upload fix
Update 4.12.4 - 29 November 2011:
- Improvement to QStarz GPS upload algorithm to self correct if data falls out of alignment
- Speed up saving of track files in the Track Loader and race library
Update 4.12.2 - 20 November 2011: Minor color scheme updates.
Update 4.12.1 - 16 November 2011: Fix map tile retrieval. Note: please clear your map cache if you
see blank map tiles from the previous release.
- Migrate to Mapquest open maps
- Change color scheme to a fresher, brighter look
- Add Join button to the Track Loader to join adjacent tracks
- Automatically close the Track Loader after loading a TTZ file
- Automatically save Wind changes to the event
- Fix Training Session guides to display for the correct leg
Update 4.11.1 6 November 2011:
- Fix instability issues with the Track Loader
- Implement track backdating feature - available from the Track Loader's Edit dialog
- Updated to use TackTracker's beautiful new logo
Introducing online background maps from openstreetmap.org.
All TackTracker platforms can now play tracks over an online map to provide more race context.
This is especially useful when races are sailed close to land and are influenced by shore lines.
With maps, you can now use TackTracker for other activities, such as cycling or running.
TackTracker's map implementation uses local caching so that previously viewed map tiles are still available
when you are disconnected from the internet.
- Added new avatars: Motor Boat, Vehicle, Bike, Marker
- Fixed display refresh problems with the Library race browser
4.06.2 - 25 August 2011: Fix issues with add/change/delete landmarkss
4.06.1 - 23 August 2011: Fix problems with trial license usage
- Added support for new QStarz CR-Q1100P Tracker.
- Improved GPS upload algorithm to improve its ability to recover from bad or missing data.
- Fixed issues with loading NMEA files - especially when bad records are present
4.05.2 - 21 July 2011: Fix inconsistent use of localized month names in non-english locale
4.05.1 - 19 July 2011: Fix file serialization on systems with Germanic language settings
Fixes and enhancements for loading GPS files:
- Added support for loading Velocitek (.vcc) files
- Fixed a problem loading some .gpx files
- Added support for non-standard GPX time format
- Ensure that manually supplied trackee details are applied immediately before adding the loaded track
This is the first public release of TackTracker for Mac OS.
It is the result of over 15 months development, and marks a huge milestone for TackTracker.
TackTracker for Mac OS is a complete, no compromise native implementation on the Mac.
All race player and race editor features available on the PC are also available on the Mac
to the same 4.04 feature specification.
Like the PC, you may freely download and use TackTracker for the Mac.
Race Editor features are unlocked with the same Race Editor license used for the PC.
If you have purchased a Race Editor license for the PC, you may use it on your Mac.
Some PC features are not yet available on the Mac. These are:
- Import of Velocitek (.vcc) and Locosys (.sbp) files
- Share feature
- Notes Tab
- Club Tools
As this is new release software, users are encouraged to report any problems or issues
to TackTracker and to update regularly. A feedback button is provided on the Splash screen.