TackTracker Release Notes for Windows
Release 7.03.0 - 13 Nov 2017
- New Create Races button makes it easier to create new races and to split a race session into multiple races
- Create Races dialog is simplified and Edit Course/Marks button removed
- Track Loader now shows a "Get Cloud" button alongside the other two track sources
- Update the code-signing certificate (previous certificate had expired).
Release 7.02.8 - 5 July 2017
Release 7.02.6 - 13 June 2017
- Fix calculation of distance to finish and place in the last leg of the race (for some races).
Release 7.02.5 - 12 June 2017
- Fix a problem in the Track Loader in which a recently loaded track from a GPS does not automatically match a race as it should.
Several fixes for Variable Laps races:
Release 7.02.2 - 21 May 2017
- Fix a crash when viewing a Variable Laps race containing a mark "StartBoat" or "StartPin"
- Correctly locate the finish in a Variable Laps race if it is moved during the race.
- Allow trackers to be used on start and finish lines for a variable laps race.
Release 7.02.1 - 25 April 2017
- Use any tracks present to define the displayed course area when the course is not set.
Also automatically set the default race location from the first track if it was not set when the race was created.
- Improve detection of tacks and gybes - where the tacking angle is smaller.
Release 7.02.0 - 25 March 2017
- Rename the "Training Session" event type to "Variable Laps Race". This mode now supports a type of handicap race where boats do one or more laps of a course, and the faster boats
must complete more laps than the slower craft.
- Navigation Rally replay now has a leader board. Display the "Select" tab to see the progressive scores as the boats navigate the course.
Update 7.01.8 - 18 March 2017
Update 7.01.7 - 22 Jan 2017
- Fix problem with Close button on splash screen not being enabled - sometimes seen on first time installs.
- Round estimated boat times to the nearest whole second in the Nav Rally Schedule dialog and reports.
Trim Lat/Lon coordinates in the Rally Course report to three decimal places.
Update 7.01.6 - 14 Nov 2016
Fix a rare issue occassionally causing tracks to not be trimmed properly when being saved to a race
Update 7.01.5 - 3 Nov 2016
Change wording "Login/Logout" to "Sign in/Sign out"
Update 7.01.4 - 16 Oct 2016
Update 7.01.3 - 19 July 2016
- Adjust the size of the Sign In panel so that scroll bars are not needed
- Update the web browser control to use the most recent browser.
Tune the background color to better match the new maps.
Update 7.01.2 - 16 July 2016
Remove the clear map cache button in Settings. The cache is now managed automatically.
Release 7.01.1 - 13 July 2016
Switch the map provider to HERE Maps. Maps are better looking, and satelite maps are now available in all countries.
Release 7.0.0 - 10 July 2016
Live Tracking is now accessible to everyone! The free license now includes the Race Editor for creating, editing and publishing races
to the TackTracker cloud. With the free iPhone and Android apps, your smart phone becomes a live tracker. The only ongoing costs to you are
tracker rights and publish credits.
Update 6.01.5 - 19 June 2016
- Fix jerkiness in replay seen in certain rare circumstances.
Update 6.01.4 - 11 May 2016
- Fix a problem with restoring hazard marks
Update 6.01.3 - 20 Mar 2016
- Update the code-signing certificate to remove the Windows SmartScreen warning
Update 6.01.2 - 6 Jan 2016
- Fix a crash reported when the PlayerSettings file could not be written to
- Fix a crash reported when analysing a NavRally course
Update 6.01.1 - 24 Dec 2015
- Enhance the Get tracks wizard with a location search tool to save typing in lat/lon coordinates
- Fix a crash reported that occurred when closing the application
- Fix a crash reported when uploading from a GPS
- Fix a problem with the start time shown by the time splitter control
- Fix a reported problem seen when viewing a particular Nav Rally event
Release 6.01.0 - 13 Dec 2015
We've worked through every step to make creating races much simpler and faster - especially for races tracked live. All steps are now handled by the Race Editor wizard.
Numerous other enhancements make the TackTracker experience easier and more responsive both for people creating races and those viewing.
- General responsiveness and performance during playback is improved - especially noticiable with large races
- The Leader Board (Sort Place) on the Select tab is re-written with an improved algorithm that provides accurate results even during live play.
- Races may now be closed by clicking a close button next to the race name.
- The race timer shows red before the start and omits hours if zero.
Race Editor Enhancements:
The Race Editor has had a major upgrade, making it easier and faster to use, especially for live racing.
- The user is now guided all the way through the process for creating a live race, including publishing and
- A location finder is provided for specifying the race location if Landmarks have not been pre-defined.
- The previously used race location is remembered for next time
- The process is simplified, with unnecessary choices removed.
- The time splitter control is now much easier to use. For example, it is no longer necessary to manually type the time span,
simply drag the race end markers to the right or left as far as you need.
- The race duration may be entered in a text field as an alternative to using the time splitter control. Multi-day races are now much easier to create.
- Live start tools have been enhanced, with a watch like clock and sync function to help the user nail the start under pressure conditions.
- The Start tab now shows the race date
- Landmarks are now sorted alphabetically
Nav Rally Enhancements:
- A bar is now shown to indicate how far a boat was early or late for a rally gate
- TackTracker now clears the publish data when copying a race to a new event.
- Fixed an issue preventing rally gate scores being shown near the edge of the display.
- Fixed an issue that caused a reported crash in the Track Loader
- Fixed an issue that required a user to select a COM port to connect to a GPS
- Correctly update the race number label on the start date in the Race Editor Start tab, when multiple starts are selected.
Update 5.15.9 - 17 Oct 2015
Update 5.15.8 - 19 Sep 2015
- Fix an issue inserting a rally gate into the first leg after the start.
- Don't show rally scores on the map if "no labels" is selected.
Update 5.15.7 - 21 July 2015
- Fix an issue detecting mark roundings or gate crossings when distances are very large.
Update 5.15.6 - 20 July 2015
- Increase the limit from 100 to 1000 of the regatta race sequence number in the publish wizard.
Improve the "Get Tracks Matching Race" feature for recovering live races:
Update 5.15.5 - 27 June 2015
- Publish data is no longer cleared.
- A link is provided for downloading the race's live schedule archive
- The correct CSV columns are selected by default
Update 5.15.3 - 13 May 2015
- Fix a crash when loading a race with offshore race handicap data defined. (Since 5.14.5)
- Fix exporting a course or track to a GPX file (since 5.15.0)
- Fix matching of races to events in the Track Loader (since 5.15.0)
- Fix the list of regattas in the Publish wizard (since 5.15.0)
Release 5.15.0 - 9 May 2015
This release brings a raft of enhancements for Navigation Rally users.
The ability to insert turns and gates makes it much easier to make changes to a Rally course.
Rally Editing Enhancments
- You may now insert a turn after the selected turn.
- You may now insert a gate after the selected gate.
- Whenever a gate or turn is inserted or deleted, gates and turns are re-numbered so they always sequentially increase.
- Gates may be placed at the beginning or end of a leg. When this is done, the gate end is aligned with the mark.
- Up to two custom columns may be added to the Rally Schedule (e.g. "Email", "Phone") to make the Schedule a complete competitor reference.
Define these columns in the Rally Settings dialog.
Custom columns are included in the Rally Schedule reports.
Rally Replay Enhancements
- The clock now shows the time from the scheduled start for the current boat - not the event start time.
- The stats under the main map are further customized for Navigation Rally replay.
- TackTracker warns the operator immediately if a track is loaded that mis-matches the Rally Schedule.
- The sail drawn on boats is no longer shown if the wind direction is not known
- The Rally Course report now always shows the correct distance units in the report header.
Update 5.14.5 - 6 April 2015
Update 5.14.4 - 21 March 2015
- Fix re-publishing an existing race to a regatta (a new race was being created)
- For the "Get tracks matching race" function, allow the name mapping table to have duplicate entries.
Tune live race timing to stay within configured parameters.
Update 5.14.3 - 10 March 2015
Resolve a rare issue locating the start gate crossing in a Nav Rally.
Update 5.14.2 - 8 March 2015
Improve the algorithm for finding turning points - in particular, we better handle the case of boats cutting corners during a Navigation Rally.
Update 5.14.1 - 12 October 2014
Update the application icon (with a yellow disk in the background)
Release 5.14.0 - 21 September 2014
This is an important release, with coordinated enhancements and fixes across all platforms, Windows, Mac, iPhone and Web player.
- The currently selected boat is now highlighted by a spotlight, making it easier to find.
- Shows a postponement flag (answering pennant) and message when a live race is postponed.
- Allow VMG relative to course or VMG relative to wind be shown against each boat
Club Regatta Enhancements:
- A new Publish tab in the Race Editor significantly improves live race management:
- Live race (1 click set and publish) tools are moved to the Publish tab with an improved layout
- You can indefinitely postpone a race, and provide an explanatory message to viewers. All players support this new postpone mode.
When a race is started after a postponement, players will automatically start playing the race.
- You can now see your publish settings used to re-publish a race and clear those settings in case you wish to start over.
- You can publish a race "hidden" so it is visible only to you. Hidden races do not require any publish credits until re-published.
- Added Race API support for postponed races.
- Fix Tracking mode for races with a course of just one leg.
- Handle the case where two marks are very close, which previously caused the rounding of the second mark to be missed.
- Allow races to be saved to the library when using the Hebrew locale.
- Fixed a problem that occasionally caused live update to stop.
Update 5.13.1 - 11 August 2014
- Tune the Navigation Rally scoring algorithm to correctly score gate crossings for a gate positioned
at the very end of a leg.
Release 5.13.0 - 5 August 2014
This release brings requested features for people using TackTracker to run live regattas.
Race Editor Enhancements:
- The "Get Tracks matching race" Library menu wizard can now filter and rename tracks using a supplied CSV spreadsheet to map between the source track name and the desired target name.
- When publishing a race, you can now specify whether you wish to replace all existing tracks in the race. (The default is to merge the tracks.)
- Added a replace option to the Publish API to allow the a publishing client to replace all existing tracks in a race
- TackTracker saves race publishing parameters with the race, so it is no longer necessary to re-specify each time when using the RePublish button in the Race Editor.
Navigation Rally Enhancements:
- Added a new report: Rally Schedule Elapsed Times - showing predicted elapsed times for each leg of the course.
- An updated code-signing certificate verifies the integrity of the installation package.
- Fixed a problem with marks not shown in the marks box if originally defined as part of a gate mark, then used as a rounding mark.
Update 5.12.2 - 19 July 2014
Update 5.12.1 - 13 July 2014
- Fix a hang in the Race Editor when changing the start time (Since 5.12.1)
- Fix custom stats import using NMEA data
- Add optional parameters to the RaceAPI.Publish command to allow the Regatta to be specified.
- Add Race Editor functions (creating a race, setting a course etc.) to the programming API.
- Show Gate end selection buttons when selecting a Start or Finish Gate in a multi-purpose race
Release 5.12.0 - 6 July 2014
With Release 5.12, Tracker adds printing support! Now you can print the map area of the screen - by pressing Ctrl-P.
Race Editor New Features and Enhancements:
- Setting a course when using fixed marks is now much easier. Course marks named the same as a nearby Landmark will automatically snap to the Landmark location.
- The Race Editor's time splitter control is now more responsive making it easier to create and edit races.
- A new Library menu option allows you to save the course to a GPX file.
You can use this feature to import TackTracker course into other systems such as a chart plotter.
- The Race Editor license now allows individual users to create a Navigation Rally course and save to a GPX file. (A Navigation Rally license
is still required to run a Navigation Rally event.)
- Fix a crash that was reported when reading a corrupted track CSV file.
Update 5.11.9 - 17 June 2014
For Nav Rally license holders:
Update 5.11.8 - 14 June 2014
- Fix to export course to GPX to not plot Finish mark when using Finish at Start
For Race Reports license holders:
Update 5.11.7 - 25 May 2014
- Re-designed the Reports API to be more robust and easier to use. (Contact TackTracker if you wish to learn more about the Reports API.)
For Club Regatta license holders:
- Race reports now fully account for multiple start times in the same course.
For races with staggered starts, the overall times respect the actual start time for each boat.
For Nav Rally license holders:
Update 5.11.6 - 6 May 2014
- Added a menu option in the Library right-click menu to export the course to a GPX file
(which may be loaded into most course plotters).
For Club Regatta license holders, improved the operation of multiple starts in the same course:
Update 5.11.4 - 21 April 2014
- The interval between starts is no longer restricted to be greater than the trim minutes before the first start.
- Corrected the algorithm that matches a boat to the closest start.
Add WGS84 ellipsoid model factors for SYC.
Update 5.11.3 - 12 April 2014
Include the cumulative distance to the Finish in the Show Rally Course report.
Update 5.11.2 - 31 March 2014
Added a new Rally setting to allow distances to be displayed to an increased number of decimal places.
Release 5.11.1 - 18 March 2014
This release brings together a range of Navigation Rally improvements:
- Improved the precision of distance/bearing calculations for Nav Rallies (finally got it right!).
This affects the expected time value computed by TackTracker.
- Add a Rally Setting option to allow rounding up to the nearest second when calculating scores.
The default rounding threshold is 1.0, but you may specify a smaller value, e.g. 0.90, which means that any time
greater than or equal to 0.90 seconds will count as one penalty.
- Rally penalties may be changed without changing the default values for your site.
- The Rally schedule report shows expected times to millisecond resolution
- Rally reports are available in the Reports tab even when no tracks are yet loaded.
- Fix a crash when clicking "Show Results" when no rally event has been created
Update 5.10.9 - 14 March 2014
Nav Rally users should update to this release due to issues with other 5.10 versions.
Update 5.10.7 - 12 March 2014
- Fix issues with the Rally schedule (boat speed column heading and not saving correctly)
- Fix issues with laying gatemarks
- Remove the 2 minute rally start warning (now not needed)
- Improved the precision of distance/bearing calculations for Nav Rallies.
Update 5.10.6 - 11 March 2014
- Reinstate the Reports tab for some Club Regatta license holders (since 5.10.1).
Update 5.10.4 - 3 March 2014
- Added the ability to specify discretionary manual penalties for a Nav Rally event.
- Improved the precision of distance/bearing calculations for Nav Rallies.
Update 5.10.3 - 2 March 2014
- Fix error saving track to a GPX file (introduced in 5.09.5)
Update 5.10.1 - 21 February 2014
- Add logic to help find the mark rounding when the leg is very short and boats don't pass close to the mark
- Make it easier to switch between Nav Rally editor and results
- Add a warning to the Nav Rally editor when a very short leg is added
- Provide a Navigation Rally option to show race results with extra time precision
- Show the Reports tab with Navigation Rally events so that reports can be generated to CSV as well as HTML
Release 5.10.0 - 9 February 2014
TackTracker now lets you see more of the action - you can now hide the left tabbed pane completely when not needed.
Drag the vertical splitter to the far left. The left pane will disappear and be replaced by a "Show Pane" button in the
lower left corner. Click "Show Pane" to restore the pane.
- The Settings, Landmarks dialog now has an Apply button, making it easier to adjust Landmark Lat/Lon values.
- For Club Regatta License holders: The Competitor schedule may now be used to map a GPS name to a competitor name.
Enter the GPS name in the schedule's NICKNAME column.
Navigation Rally Enhancements:
- Navigation rally settings, are now all consolidated in the Settings dialog, Nav Rally tab.
- Two new configurable settings have been added: Default Gate Offset, which specifies the default distance to a new gate
and Default Gate Length, which specifies the default length of a new gate.
- When switching to the Nav Rally tab, the tab pane width will automatically widen to a
sufficient width needed to properly display the dialog.
- A Print Course button has been added to the Nav Rally Event tab.
Update 5.09.6 - 3 February 2014
Update 5.09.5 - 31 January 2014
- Fix a problem writing TTZ files introduced in the 5.09.5 update.
- Improve structure and presentation of online help
Update 5.09.4 - 5 January 2014
- GPX files created by TackTracker now declare the topografix namespace to improve portability.
Update 5.09.3 - 5 January 2014
- Added a "Mark Roundings" report to count mark roundings - useful for scoring average lap races.
- Send to Google Earth now works for Nav Rally courses, even when no tracks are present.
- The leeway for matching Rally Tracks has been extended to 3 hours
- Fixed the "Search for Location" service in Landmarks
- Fixed a crash when adding the first landmark
- Remove track records outside the event time during live replay: prevents problems with the timer display
Release 5.09.1 - 21 December 2013
- Reports can now be output in CSV format for direct input into a spreadsheet
- Show all tracks just loaded when using the Get button in the Track Loader
- Allow the Get button to be used to get tracks older than 24 hours
- Improve the usability of the Race Editor tools for copying tracks to the Track Loader
- Fix a problem parsing the date and time when reading Velocitek VCC files
- Speed up live race re-publishing from the race editor
Update 5.08.5 - 17 October 2013
This update brings three important usability improvements to the Race Editor:
Update 5.08.4 - 7 October 2013
- Laying of gate marks has been fixed. Previously it was difficult to relay a gate mark after the first time it was laid.
- It is now much easier to accurately select marks with the Mark Lay tool or the Mark Drag tool
- You can now lay a mark that has a track associated - and automatically hide the track.
Update 5.08.3 - 29 August 2013
- Read more types of NMEA files
- Make the player robust to invalid track points in a live race
Update 5.08.2 - 28 August 2013
- Fix a problem with Getting tracks in the Track Loader not finding all matching tracks
Update 5.08.1 - 27 July 2013
- Reinstate trimming of tracks before start and after finish when saving the Race Editor
- Prevent a boat that doesn't start the race from appearing at the top of the leader board
- Automatically clip track points that fall too far outside the race boundary
- Allow race times to be adjusted when republishing from the ReportAPI
Release 5.08.0 - 25 July 2013
This release brings some requested live replay and race editor enhancements.
Live Replay Enhancements
- On loading a race, TackTracker automatically selects the first track available at the replay time.
Race Editor Enhancements
- The Time Splitter control on the Start Time tab is now interactive and you can adjust the start times and the race span.
- You can now change the split period before race start from the Start Time tab.
The Report API now provides a secure login facility.
Update 5.07.5 - 23 June 2013
Update 5.07.4 - 15 June 2013
- Show Landmark paths even when map is displayed.
- Fix usability bugs in Settings Landmarks dialog.
Update 5.07.3 - 26 May 2013
- Ensure Navigation Rally start time has no seconds component when first creating a new rally.
Update 5.07.2 - 16 May 2013
- Fix possible lockup when analysing a training race
- Add ability to update start and re-publish from ReportAPI
- Allow sub-minute start intervals in Nav Rally (via a new Nav Rally tab in Settings)
- Support time formats such as "2013-05-05T09:32:09-04:00" encountered in a vcc file
Release 5.07.0 - 5 May 2013
Incorporates the new TackTracker Logo graphics for a fresh, lively look.
- Introduce "Live Start Tools" for users managing a live regatta.
Allows you to instantly set the start or postpone the race and re-publish with just one click.
Live Start tools require a Club Regatta license and must be enabled in the Settings dialog.
- Fix to allow adding and laying a landmark whilst a race is loaded
Update 5.06.4 - 28 April 2013
Update 5.06.3 - 27 April 2013
- Fix recently introduced Navigation Rally error on create event
Update 5.06.2 - 22 April 2013
- Fix "Auto" mode breaking live replay
- ReportAPI enhancment to include regatta ID in race metadata
Update 5.06.1 - 15 April 2013
Fix to ReportAPI to allow regatta races to be listed.
Release 5.06.0 - 14 April 2013
A major release, with many enhancements to the race editor and live replay.
Race Editor Enhancements
- A new "multi-purpose race" event type has been added for non-sailing events.
- Courses Tab layout has been simplified, integrating sample courses drop-down into a single course entry control.
- TackTracker remembers your 10 previous courses - so you don't need to type them each time!
- A new Publish button on the Race Editor panel lets you make changes and immediately re-publish them with just one click.
- A mark end from a gate mark now may be re-used on its own elsewhere in the course.
Live Tracking Enhancements
- The displayed race is automatically updated when a course or start time change is made to the published race definition.
- A new "CourseMark" craft type for live tracking is automatically displayed as a mark even when not present in the course definition.
- The displayed elapsed time when in live tracking mode now reliably shows the live time regardless of which track is currently selected.
General Enhancements and Fixes
- When playing the end of the race, the current boat no longer swaps between boats as they finish
- Boats no longer rotate to zero bearing at end of track
- Mark circle diameter is 500 feet when selected units are feet.
- Marker craft type is drawn slightly smaller
- Fix the handicap times gained and lost report
Release 5.05.0 - 24 March 2013
This release enhances the Nav Rally module by allowing rules to be defined for each leg. In this release,
one rule has been defined - to specify a maximum speed for the leg. The Rally Course report now has an option to
print the course without the gates - which allows the report to be distributed to competitors prior to the event
without informing them of gate locations.
Update 5.04.8 - 23 March 2013
- Ensure Spectator craft listed in the Select Tab are not ranked higher than competing boats
- Allow the Nav-Rally start time to be changed without changing custom times
- Competitor schedule assigns a random color to each boat if a color is not specifically assigned.
Update 5.04.6 - 16 March 2013
- New CurrentPlacings report - reports current position information during a race
- Report API extensions
- Prevent Gate-mark ends being specified on their own as normal marks of the course
Update 5.04.5 - 11 March 2013
- Fix the upload schedule feature when used in non-english locales
In this update, the Library menu option to "Get Tracks matching Race" has been enhanced to ask whether you wish to replace all
existing tracks with the tracks downloaded from the cloud, or whether you just wish to add new tracks.
Update 5.04.4 - 5 March 2013
- Fix a reported crash whilst playing a race
- Fix reporting of incomplete races
- Allow the Race Editor's time-splitter control to define a race that spans two days
Club Regatta Enhancements:
- Support CSV files (competitor schedule) using non-comma separators, such as semi-colon, colon or dash
Update 5.04.3 - 25 February 2013
- Don't include Spectator craft in reports
- Move competitors who do not participate or finish to last place
- Ensure leaderboard remains correct after finish
Club Regatta Enhancements:
- Support multiple competitor schedules. You can now copy one competitor schedule to another, edit and upload a selected schedule
Race Reports Enhancements:
- Report API has new ReportUpdateEvent
- Fix Report API operation in non event loop context
Update 5.04.2 - 22 February 2013
- Dont display "0 knots" when wind strength not known
- Wind direction fix: import all tracks to get averaged wind proir to analysing tracks.
- Don't automatically select a detected USB driver - as some users were having SD cards and USB dongles mistakenly treated as a USB GPS.
Update 5.04.1 - 9 February 2013
- Fix to Report API WaitingForRaceLoad property
- Fix crash when selecting Competitor Schedule with a Navigation Rally license
- Fix migration of BSF handicap data from earlier versions of TackTracker
- Fix label overlap in race rename dialog
Release 5.04.0 - 3 February 2013
- Moved the Track Tools from the Tracks tab to a separate dialog accessed by a button at the bottom of the Race Editor
- Added a Track Tool to strip POI marks from a track or all tracks in the race
- Added Race Metadata to the Options tab: Yacht Class, Wind Speed, Handicap Mode and Course Type.
All reports now display race metadata including race name and number, yacht class and wind speed.
We've also added a bunch of new race reports to help you get more out of your TackTracker data:
- Positions Gained and Lost
- Leg Times Gained and Lost
- Handicap Positions Gained and Lost
- Handicap Leg Times Gained and Lost
- ORC predicted speeds and times report
See Race Reports for details.
Club Regatta License Enhancements
Added support for two new handicap modes: Performance Line and Triple Number. TackTracker now supports all four ORC simple scoring systems:
- Time on Time (or TCC)
- Time on Distance (or BSF)
- Performance Line
- Triple Number
- Added a Course Type setting (Inshore or Offshore). TackTracker can store different handicap data for each boat depending on course type.
- Download and Import handicap data directly from the ORC database
- Enhance the competitor schedule to pre-populate new rows with default values
- Upload the competitor schedule to the TackTracker Cloud to update the Live Tracker data or race schedule.
- Fix crash when unchecking "Show Current Leg only" in Legs tab
- Use a single consolidated wind estimate for all boats to give a consistent sail orientation across all boats.
- Remove 20 track point filter in the Track Loader, which could lead to it not showing a downloaded track.
- Get Tracks from cloud now splits tracks if needed.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes prevent TackTracker from communicating with the TackTracker Cloud.
Release 5.3.0 - 16 January 2013
A major release - TackTracker 5.3 brings you many refinements to the Race Editor and Landmarks.
Mapping and Landmarks Enhancements
The Settings "Fixed Marks and Landmarks" tab has been renamed to "Landmarks" and the
dialog has been redesigned to make it much easier to add and edit your landmarks.
A new location search feature lets you search for a place name anywhere in the world to locate your race or landmark and TackTracker will show the place on the map.
And you can now add a Landmark and lay it on the map with your mouse.
When you select each landmark (and a race is not currently loaded) you will see the landmark shown on the map
TackTracker now offers a satellite map view - though please note that the service does not at this time offer high resolution satellite images outside of the US.
General Usability Fixes
- All dialogs have been re-worked to display correctly when a larger (125%) Windows font size is used.
- A redesigned license install process can now install licenses directly from an Access Code without the need to manually install a license file.
- The New Races dialog now shows the selected landmark on the map
- Changing the boundary times on the TimeSplitter is now easier - as you don't need to move the markers out of the way first.
The Cloud Get dialog has been re-designed to make it much simpler to find your tracks on the TackTracker Cloud.
You can now make queries like "get all my tracks recorded in past 6 hours" and if getting your own tracks, it is no longer necessary to specify a location.
We've added a new "Tacks Summary" report, which provides all the information available in the Tacks Table.
Update 5.02.4 - 5 December 2012
For Club Tools License holders, we add support for Time on Distance handicapping. The BSF rating is the number of seconds expected to take to travel 1 Nautical Mile. The adjusted time is calculated as:
AdjustedTime = Actual Time - BSF x Distance
The handicapping system is selected in Settings, under a new tab: "Club Tools".
Update 5.02.2 - 28 November 2012
- Reinstate multiple start times feature for Club Tools license holders
- Fix rare crash in Select tab page
Release 5.02.0 - 18 November 2012
Supports viewing live trackers on the trackers page. Also Nav Rally fixes:
- Fix crash when changing speed units from a Nav Rally event
- Correct mark names in Nav Rally timeline
- Expose the Race Editor button (for track editing) for Nav Rally licenses
Update 5.01.6 - 24 October 2012
- TrackLoader lists tracks newest first
- Fix sending of TackTracker problem reports
Update 5.01.5 - 12 October 2012
- Reinstate TrackLoader button for NavRally users
- Reinstate NavRally scoring
Update 5.01.4 - 5 October 2012
- Reinstate TrackLoader button for RaceEditor license holders
- Fix Library issue with Japanese month names
Update 5.01.3 - 3 October 2012
- Add a new TrackLoader license tier to expose Track Loader but not Race Editor features
- Reinstate Library tab for Navigation Rally users
Release 5.01.2 - 24 September 2012
This release refines TackTracker's live replay capabilities as a result of extensive field trials:
- Real-time distance to finish and distance to first stats - in the Select tab
- Select tab has been redesigned to look better and make better use of space
- During live play, the timeline becomes a "distance line" showing the progress to-date through the course.
- User clicks "Go Live" to enter live play mode, or pauses play to return to normal replay mode.
- Reports have been updated to give accurate progress scores during the race.
- Add Spectator craft type - has no trail.
- Improve mark visibility by drawing a circular outline around the mark.
- Legs and Tacks tables show distances in selected length units (m or ft).
- Fix missing checkboxes in Select Tab when larger Windows Font size is used
- Prevent FinishBoat/Pin location affecting default zoom when Finish Through Start Line is checked
- Fix crash when sending multiple tracks to the cloud at once
Update 5.00.9 - 19 August 2012
- Fix loss of 'finish through start' setting when configuring course and marks in the Create Races dialog
- Fix loss of mark drag positions when configuring course and marks in the Create Races dialog.
- Fix problem where clicking on a race in the Track Library sometimes does not re-open the race.
Update 5.00.8 - 12 August 2012
- Tune live replay behavior after live trial in Denmark
- Fix Trial license validation
Release 5.00.5 - 5 August 2012:
This is the TackTracker cloud release. Play and publish races to your personal home page on the cloud. You can also use the cloud to share tracks with others.
TackTracker can now play live races and replay the action as it is happening. And there are many more features and bug fixes.